We have selected winners for our TWF 2016 Calendar Contest! Our Grand Prize-winner is DAVID SLOAS, of Cordova. David receives a 26-quart TWF-branded Orca cooler, one 2016 TWF Calendar, and one TWF-embroidered fleece jacket.
Our other 12 winners are: Richard Simms (Chattanooga), Scott King (Arlington), Tina Rankin (Monterey), Leland Ray (Brentwood), Liz Alley (Nashville), Ken Van Dyne (Cincinatti, OH), Jeremi Hough (Spring Hill), Drew Senter (Oxford, AL), Susan Hay (Nashville), Deb Campbell (Maryville), Cecil Calloway (Murfreesboro), and Terry Weaver (Savannah). Each winner receives one 2016 TWF Calendar and one TWF-embroidered fleece jacket.
Congratulations to our winners and thanks to everyone who submitted photos. Our sneak-peek photo, posted here, is by Tina Rankin. We will reveal the entire calendar online when it is released later this year and will feature all the images in a gallery on our website.
CLICK HERE to reveal the complete rules, instructions, and all the legal stuff.
TENNESSEE WILDLIFE FEDERATION CALENDAR PHOTO CONTEST INFORMATION AND RULES
The Tennessee Wildlife Federation Calendar Photo Contest is administered by the Tennessee Wildlife Federation (TWF), a 501(c)(3) organization with a charitable mission “Leading the conservation, sound management, and wise use of Tennessee’s wildlife and great outdoors” with its principle place of business at 300 Orlando Ave, Nashville, TN 37209.
BY ENTERING THIS COMPETITION, YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. WHO IS ELIGIBLE: TWF Calendar Photo Contest is open to all amateur and professional photographers.
2. HOW TO ENTER: All entries may be submitted by e-mailing photos to firstname.lastname@example.org. Photographers may enter all images in a single e-mail or send photos in separate e-mails. Photos may be color or black and white.
3. CONTEST ENTRY PERIOD: All photos must be submitted by Friday, August 21, 2015, at 11:59 pm CST. TWF anticipates notifying winners the first week of September.
4. ENTRY INFORMATION: All photos must have the following information included in the e-mail along with their photo(s):
• Photographer’s name
• Photographer’s city of residence
• Title of photo
• Location of photo
• Subject of photo
• Optional: Any additional information about the photo
• Optional: Website or social media account of photographer’s work (If you have a website or social media account showcasing your photography, we will publish it along with your name and city.)
Not providing full information may disqualify your entry by the Judges.
5. WHAT PHOTOS TO ENTER: We are looking for striking, high resolution color and black and white images celebrating Tennessee’s great outdoors for our 2016 TWF Calendar. Since photos will be published in a calendar, we need photos that span all seasons. These images may show animal behavior, portraits of wildlife in natural habitat, plant life, natural landscapes, or people interacting with nature and must be taken in the state of Tennessee. Do not include photographs of pets or domestic animals. Images of captive animals photographed in game farms will be disqualified. Captive animals photographed in wildlife research facilities or rehabilitation centers are acceptable. Clearly label these animals as captive in the description of the e-mail.
6. TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
i. Images must be e-mailed to email@example.com to be entered. Entrants encountering technical problems while submitting photos may submit their photos on a non-returnable disk via mail or courier. Disks submitted by mail or courier must be postmarked by August 21, 2015, and will not be returned. Mailed entries must be sent to
Tennessee Wildlife Federation
Attn. Photo Contest
300 Orlando Ave.
Nashville, TN 37209
ii. Prepare Your Photos: Camera-made digital images or scans of slides or prints must be uploaded as jpg, tiff, or png files. Photos must be at least 2,200 pixels wide and 1,700 pixels tall. Larger images are acceptable and may improve your photos’ quality. When submitting your photos keep in mind that the photos need to be a horizontal composition to fit the 8.5 x 11 size of the calendar. (Don’t worry about cropping your photo to fit the 8.5 x 11 size. We will do that when we put the calendar together.)
iii. Images can be in either CMYK or RGB format. Images that do not meet this standard may or may not be judged at the judges’ sole discretion.
iv. All photographs should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appeared. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization will be disqualified. Acceptable are adjustments to color, contrast, brightness and sharpness; removal of dust and scratches; cropping; black and white conversions.
v. WATERMARKS: Watermarks giving credit to the photographer may be added to the bottom right corner of the photograph. Photos that contain watermarks that cover or distract from the image will be disqualified.
7. JUDGING: Photographs will be judged on originality, technical excellence, composition, overall impact and artistic merit. All decisions by the judges will be final.
i. Grand Prize: One Grand Prize will be awarded. The winner will have his/her photo displayed on the cover of the 2016 TWF Calendar, will receive a 26-quart TWF-branded Orca cooler, one 2016 TWF Calendar, and one TWF-embroidered fleece jacket. Size will be determined by winner.
ii. 12 Winners: Photos will be displayed in the 2016 TWF Calendar. Winners will receive one 2016 TWF Calendar and one TWF-embroidered fleece jacket. Sizes will be determined by winners.
*Additional Honorable Mention prizes may be awarded upon the Judges discretion. These winners will receive one 2016 TWF Calendar.
9. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: Entrants retain ownership and all other rights to future use of the photographs entered. Additionally your entry to the contest constitutes your agreement to allow your entered photographs to be published on the TWF website, social media platforms, and other printed materials produced by TWF. When photos are published, TWF agrees to include the photographers name, city, state, and website or social media account if provided.
10. HOW TO CONTACT US: Questions and inquiries regarding the contest can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLICK HERE to reveal examples of good and bad entries
Both of these are fantastic photos, but only the top one will work for a calendar.
Good (composed horizontally)
Bad (composed vertically)