How to become a Tennessee SCTP coach
- New potential head coaches must first contact the state Tennessee SCTP administrator to discuss starting a new team.
- All new head coaches candidates must attend NRA/USA/CMP Appointed Shotgun Coach Certification. (This class is offered by Tennessee SCTP periodically throughout the year.)
- All new head coach candidates must submit to a background check.
*All head coaches are further encouraged to enroll in both of the online classes offered by Tennessee SCTP.
- Assistant coaches should be recommended by the team head coach.
- A limited number of assistant coaches may attend the NRA/USA/CMP Appointed Shotgun Certification class depending on available space and shooter numbers.
- Assistant coaches are also encouraged to enroll in both of the online classes offered.
*The online classes by themselves does not meet the coaching requirements