Did any of your athletes shoot a 25, 50, 75, or 100 straight? Click the links below to download fillable PDFs of Straight Certificates.
Tennessee SCTP Email Archive
Not receiving our emails? Our Coaches’ Blog contains archived information originally sent to Tennessee SCTP coaches via email or through other sources. To access our Coaches’ Blog, click HERE.
Registration with the national organization is now open!
Joining is optional for Tennessee SCTP shooters, but it is required if you plan on competing in the national shoot. Click HERE for more information.
Shot 5 Frequently Asked Questions
Click HERE to open a pdf of frequently asked questions related to the Shot 5 registration process.
To register your athletes, please visit www.tnsctponline.org.
All returning head and assistant coaches and adult volunteers must log-in to update your information and background check.
If you are a NEW head coach, please complete the “Head Coach and Team Registration” section and email Andrew and let us know which team you are with. Also, we will be updating all email and contact lists, so please ensure your email address and cell phone number is up to date.
The following forms MUST be returned to Tennessee SCTP and a copy kept with the coach at all team events:
- Team MOU
- Athlete Hold Harmless and Code of Conduct
- Coach/Adult Volunteer Hold Harmless and Code of Conduct
- Coach and Volunteer Roster (Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to fill out this form. Download it here for free.) *Be sure to download and save the form before you fill it out. Otherwise, all of your information will be lost. Use multiple forms if necessary.
Email your completed forms to Andrew Peercy at email@example.com.
Remember all athletes MUST be registered before they start practice. Registration is not complete until athletes have paid their registration fee and submitted their hold harmless and code of conduct agreement.
If you have any questions or do not remember your username or password, please do not hesitate to contact us at (615) 353-1133 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tennessee SCTP is proud to partner with Gamaliel. As part of their Ready-Set-Pull program, Gamaliel is the official supplier of ammo and other shooting supplies. All teams will receive a log-in and have a contact to receive discounts. If you team does not have account, please contact Gamaliel to get started. For a sample of the discounts, please see their ammo prices.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I become a coach?
- New potential head coaches must first contact the state Tennessee SCTP administrator to discuss starting a new team.
- All new head coaches candidates must attend NRA/USA/CMP Appointed Shotgun Coach Certification.
(This class is offered by TNSCTP periodically throughout the year)
- All new head coach candidates must submit to a background check.
*All head coaches are further encouraged to enroll in both the online classes offered by Tennessee SCTP.
- Assistant coaches should be recommended by the team head coach
- A limited number of assistant coaches may attend the NRA/USA/CMP Appointed Shotgun Certification class. (When spaces are open & dependent on shooter numbers)
- Assistant coaches are also encouraged to enroll in the online classes offered.
*The online classes by themselves do not meet the coaching requirements.
How do I receive training?
If you or your assistants are in need of the NRA/USAS/CMP Appointed Shotgun Coach Certification, email your name, team name, and phone number to email@example.com and we will send you the appropriate information.
How does the insurance work?
Click HERE to open a pdf document that explains Tennessee SCTP’s insurance coverage.
How do I renew my NRA coaching credentials?
To renew your NRA coaching credentials, please visit www.nrainstructors.org and go to “Trainers Access.” Once there, you can register and get your login information. Once logged in, you will be able to update and pay for your credential renewal.
The system will ask for your NRA identification number. If you do not know your NRA ID, you may call the NRA or contact Andrew Peercy with the date and location where you took the class.
- Go to www.nrainstructors.org
- Click on the right-most box, “Trainer’s Access.”
- Create a personal NRA Instructors account by selecting “Register.” You will need your NRA identification number, found on your Coach or Instructor credential, or membership card. If you are not an NRA member, an ID number will be assigned to you.
- After you have successfully created your NRA Instructors account, return to www.nrainstructors.org.
- Select the “Trainer’s Access” box and login. Click on “My Ratings” in the left column to access your current credentials.
- To the right of your listed ratings, select either “Print Your Trainer’s ID Card” or “Print Your Certificate(s).”
- Click on the renew ratings tab to renew your ratings.
Please note, this is a secure site that does not work with Windows XP. If you are running Windows 7 or newer versions and receive an error message, try another browser such as Google Chrome or Firefox.
How do I register for an NRA Level 1 Shotgun Coaches School?
All Tennessee SCTP coaches are required to take the NRA Level 1 Shotgun Coaches School class. For your convenience Tennessee SCTP offers the course multiple times each year, at a reduced rate of for coaches ONLY. Others are welcome to attend but will be charged the regular enrollment fee.
Coaches may choose to complete the NRA Level 1 Shotgun Coaches School course anywhere it is offered but may incur the full costs of courses not hosted by Tennessee SCTP.
To register for the class, please visit www.nrainstructors.org/Search.aspx and select the NRA Level 1 Shotgun Coach class. Select your preferred course offering. To determine which courses receive the Tennessee SCTP discount, please contact Andrew Peercy.
Once you have registered for the class, please visit tnwf.org/tennessee-scholastic-clay-target-program/tnsctp-coaches-classes-registration to pay your registration fee.
How to obtain a Level 2 Coach credential
For those coaches who have achieved the Level 1 Coach credential and would like to upgrade to a Level 2 Coach credential, coaches must:
- Complete the online American Sports Education Program (ASEP) Coaching Principles Course. Contact Andrew Peercy (firstname.lastname@example.org) to obtain a key code to access the course.
- Upon completion of the course email Andrew your transcript to receive a copy of the Directing Youth Sports Program book. This transcript must also must be sent to the NRA as part of its requirements to upgrade to a Level 2 Coach. Click HERE for more information on upgrading your NRA coaching credentials.