As the most biologically diverse inland state, Tennessee is teeming with stunning wildlife and habitats. Tennessee Wildlife Federation is calling for your photos of these natural wonders!
This year, we’re celebrating the public lands in Tennessee that conserve some of our most important natural places and wildlife. Though not a requirement, we’ll be on the lookout for photos taken on public lands—from state parks to wildlife management areas to national forests.
From all your submissions, a panel will select the best of the best for the official 2018 Tennessee Wildlife Federation calendar, which goes to thousands of outdoor enthusiasts like you. And returning this year is the People’s Choice photo that will be selected through an online vote.
There are prizes for photographers whose work is featured.
- Everyone with a photo in the calendar will receive a copy to display proudly.
- The 12 month photos and the cover photo earn the photographer Tennessee Wildlife Federation apparel.
- The cover image photographer will receive a $200 gift card.
- And the People’s Choice photographer will receive a $100 gift card.
Here’s a tip for the super competitive: We receive fewer winter season photos. So, be sure to submit yours for the panel to consider for the colder months.
Here are the main things you need to know about entering:
- You can enter up to 20 photos. Upload them here between August 1 and August 31.
- A juried selection of photos will be chosen for the People’s Choice vote. Voting will be open from September 6 to 11:59 p.m. CT on September 13. A maximum of five photos per photographer will be chosen for the People’s Choice voting. Anyone can vote once a day for their favorite images.
- You don’t have to be a Tennessee resident to enter, but your photo must be taken in Tennessee. Bonus points if it’s taken on public lands!
- We have to know where the photo was taken and a little about it in case you win.
- You retain all legal rights to your photo, but by entering, you give us permission to display your photo on our website, social media, or other printed materials. If we do that, we’ll credit you as the photographer.
- Photos must be labeled [first name]_[last name]_[image number].jpg. An example would be theodore_roosevelt_2.jpg.
Be sure to read the Rules and Prizes Information below.
That’s it! Click the orange UPLOAD PHOTO button to upload your photos.