As the most biologically diverse inland state, Tennessee is teeming with stunning wildlife and habitats.Tennessee Wildlife Federation is calling for your photos of these natural wonders!
This year, we’re celebrating the public lands in Tennessee that conserve some of our most important natural places and wildlife. Though not a requirement, we’ll be on the lookout for photos taken on public lands—from state parks to wildlife management areas to national forests.
From all your submissions, a panel will select the best of the best for the official 2018 Tennessee Wildlife Federation calendar, which goes to thousands of outdoor enthusiasts like you. And returning this year is the People’s Choice photo that will be selected through an online vote.
There are prizes for photographers whose work is featured:
- Everyone with a photo in the calendar will receive a copy to display proudly.
- The 12 month photos and the cover photo earn the photographer Tennessee Wildlife Federation apparel.
- The cover image photographer will receive a $200 gift card.
- And the People’s Choice photographer will receive a $100 gift card.
Here are a few tips for the super competitive:
- We’re hoping to see some great images taken on our state’s public lands.
- We receive fewer winter season photos. So, be sure to submit yours for the panel to consider for the colder months.
- We’re looking for images that show the beauty of wildlife and wildlife habitat. Check out this gallery of past winners for inspiration.
Here are the main things you need to know about entering:
- You can enter up to 20 photos. Upload them below between August 1 and August 31.
- A juried selection of photos will be chosen for the People’s Choice vote. Voting will be open from September 6 to 11:59 p.m. CT on September 13. A maximum of five photos per photographer will be chosen for the People’s Choice voting. Anyone can vote once a day for their favorite images.
- You don’t have to be a Tennessee resident to enter, but your photo must be taken in Tennessee. Bonus points if it’s taken on public lands!
- We must know where the photo was taken and a little about it to win.
- You retain all legal rights to your photo, but by entering, you give us permission to display your photo on our website, social media, or other printed materials. If we do that, we’ll credit you as the photographer.
- Files of photos must be named in this format: [first name]_[last name]_[image number].jpg. An example would be theodore_roosevelt_2.jpg.
- If you entered a photo for our previous photo contests that did not appear in the calendar, you can enter that same photo again. We received so many beautiful photos, we could not use them all!
Be sure to read the full Rules and Prizes Information on the submission page before submitting your photos.
That’s it! Click ENTER NOW to upload your photos.