Thank you for your interest in our 2017 Calendar Photo Contest! Last year was our first for conducting a contest like this, and the response was amazing. We’re very proud of our 2016 calendar and expect great things for the 2017 edition.
Aside from the prizes, there are two major differences this year: 1) Instead of emailing your photo, you will upload it (or them) here, and 2) after the photo is approved, it will go into a gallery of entries. You and your friends can check out the gallery every day during the contest period and VOTE for your favorite entry. The photo that collects the most votes will be our “People’s Choice” winner, will be prominently displayed in the calendar, and will result in a prize package for its photographer! Cool, huh?
Here are the main things you need to know about entering:
- You can enter up to 20 photos;
- You can vote on your favorite photo once a day;
- You don’t have to be a Tennessee resident to enter, but your photo must be taken in Tennessee;
- We have to know where the photo was taken and a little about it in case you win;
- We also have to have your email address so we can contact you if you win;
- You can submit photos from now until 11:59 p.m., Friday, Sept. 9, 2016; Voting ends at 11:59 p.m., Friday, Sept. 16, 2016;
- You retain all legal rights to your photo, but by entering, you give us permission to display your photo on our website, social media, or other printed materials. If we do that, we’ll credit you as the photographer;
- Photos must be labeled like this: [first name]_[last name]_[image number].jpg. An example would be theodore_roosevelt_2.jpg.
Remember, the public will pick the “People’s Choice” winning photo, but we’ll choose the rest. (They have to make sense with each month and season, etc.) Here’s an insider’s tip: Last year, we were a little thin on winter photos. If you have good winter photos, be sure to enter them!
To read our complete rules, click on the “Rules and Prizes” tab on the entry page.
That’s it! Click the orange “ENTER/VOTE” button to upload your photo(s), vote on pictures, and read the complete rules and prize description.